I've been struggling the last few days.
Sion is on a horrible shift rotation which means our next day off together will be in over 3 weeks time and I've got a flare up of an old sports injury in my shoulder.
I can't shake off feeling hard done by and lethargic. I know I should go to the gym to release a few endorphins, but in doing that I risk injuring myself even more.
I know there are people in the world who are going through simply horrific things right now and in comparison my life is a bed of roses...but I still feel sad.
Emmy Mom's link up couldn't have come at a better time for me, now more than ever it's important for me to focus on the positives rather than the few negatives. I don't want to spend any more energy on the few negative areas. I can't change them, they have to run their course. But while I am waiting for this greyness to pass I can remember the good things that have happened this month and the good things to come.
1) We spent a lovely long weekend in Holland with our friends, catching up with a few beers and wonderful food.
2) I brought a new car which is much more suitable for our lifestyle and future plans. It's actually nice to be able to offer friends and family a lift now rather than the other way round...4 seats are definitely better than 2!
3) We figured out that Sion has a wheat & gluten intolerance. While this has meant we've had to change our diets (I'm joining him in solidarity), it has helped improve his health & stopped the symptoms that he was experiencing.
4) We booked our Christmas break at the fab looking Coombe Mill. It's a surprise for some family members of all ages and we purposefully chose it so there is something for everyone to enjoy.
5) I dusted off the baking tins and made this giant birthday cake which went down very well for the five thousand people it fed!
6) I've arranged to go and see my brother and his family this weekend. It means I won't be in the flat by myself all weekend and I'll also get to enjoy cuddles with my niece and nephew.
7) All the hard work at the gym is finally started to pay off, my BMI is now in the healthy range and my body fat % is reducing consistently. I now have a pair of jeans that need to go back to the shop and exchanged for a smaller size!
8) I stood at the side of an airfield and proudly watched Sion and his friend take part in a 15,000ft tandem skydive. They were raising money for the local children's ward and have been sponsored a fantastic amount of money.
9) The autumn weather is finally starting to cool enough for us to make roast dinners rather than salads. There's something so comforting about the smell of a roast chicken and the sight of different coloured vegetables on a plate make me want to tuck in.
10) The cool weather has also allowed me to justify a buy outside of our allowable healthy food shopping. This Spiced Chai Latte is so nice to sip on an afternoon, with a movie on the TV.
So there you have it, life really is pretty good right now...I just need to focus on the silver lining rather than the cloud.